Canoe Reservations 2-hrs
This is a canoe reservation form. Payment is taken on site when you arrive for your adventure. Kayaks are also available. To rent kayaks, after you have completed this form and clicked “add to cart”, then click “continue shopping” to visit our shop with kayak reservations.
Hours of Operation
- Walk-in’s Friday 5:30pm, Saturday and Sunday 10:00am and 2:00pm
- Schedule a group any day or time (for groups of 5 or more). Contact Us for appointments.
- Season starts 3rd Friday in May, ends first Sunday in October.” to “Season starts 3rd Friday in May, ends 1st Sunday in October.”
We will confirm your reservation after order is placed. Payment is taken on site when you arrive for your adventure.
1. Drive and park at Creighton’s Crazy Egg Café (back parking lot designated by sign). Check in at Tippy River Adventures Kiosk.
2 You will be driven to embarkment (put-in) location to start your adventure.
3. You will dis-embark (pull-out) at the Crazy Egg Café.
4. If you need help, we will be there to help you disembark (exit the boat and the water).
5. Make sure to check-in to the Tippy River Adventures kiosk when you return to let us know you returned safely from your trip.
Click the directions arrow to go to google maps. Enter your location. Then “Send direction to your phone” to send yourself a text message with link to google map to be used for the day of your adventure.
Do you rent both kayaks and canoes? If so what the difference
• Yes. Single Seat Kayaks are $25 for 2 hrs and Canoes and Tandem Kayaks are $40 for 2hrs. Transporation cost $25 for the first boat and $5 for each additional boat.
• Single Kayaks are 10’ or 12’ in length, suitable for adults or teens, rated for 275lbs. Tandem (double) Kayaks are 14’ in length and rated for a max of 400lbs. All Canoes are poly/fiberglass, 15’ 6” in length and rated for 700lbs plus.
For canoes we allow children under 70lbs to ride in the middle seat/floor of the canoe at no extra charge.
Any special events in the area?
• Want to schedule an educational event, team event, team building, or club outing? Reach out, we will work with you to make a package that will make your trip memorable and those in your group proud to be part of the experience.
• Looking for a promotional tool that will give your customers an experience they will use to bring customer through your front door? Reach out. We offer sponsorships of our equipment and can tailor their experience with Tippy River Adventures to meet your needs.
• Tippy River Adventures Booth can be found at First Fridays in Warsaw.
What services do you offer? Beyond rentals if there are any
• We offer a livery service which includes rental and transportation of kayaks/canoes from embarkment (put-in) to disembarkment (pull-out) locations.
• We also offer merchandise and items to make the trip more enjoyable. If you forget something or would like souvenir let us know!
Are life jackets required?
- A life jacket is required for each person on the watercraft. It must be worn, at all times, by anyone 18 or under and is recommended for anyone who is not a strong swimmer.
What happens if you quit, before you get to the disembarkment (pull-out) location while you’re on the water?
- If there is an emergency, get to safe solid ground. Ensure your party is safe. Then call us. 574-376-2528
- If there is no emergency but you just can’t go on stay in your boat, call us. We do not own the land on either side of the water or underneath it. We will either guide you to a proper disembarkment (pull-out) location or come get you.
How to cancel? Is there a cancellation policy?
- You can cancel until you grab a kayak/canoe and head to the water.
What if I bring an extra person?
- Great! The more the merrier. We will get them signed up with your party and on the water.
Do you accept walk-ins?
- We accept walk-ins on prime days (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) after our first embarkment (put-in) time (9am) until to our last embarkment (put-in) time (6pm).
Tips for paddling:
- Always wear your life jacket!
- Leave your valuables at home so you don’t lose them in the river. (such as rings, wallets, necklaces, expensive eyeglasses)
- Use a strap to secure eyeglasses or sunglasses.
- Wear shoes that can get wet.
- Don’t tie canoes together or grab other canoes.
- Do not throw trash in the river or on the river bank.
- Do not bring GLASS BOTTLES. Glass bottles sink to the bottom of the river, create a hazard if broken and will never decompose.
- Respect private property
What should I bring?
- Water, Gatorade or other beverages to keep you hydrated.
- Shoes that can get wet. We recommend tennis shoes or water shoes. Flip-flops generally do not stay on your feet and end up floating down the river.
- Dry clothes and towel. We recommend that you leave these in your car, so you have something dry to change into after your trip is over.
- Bug Spray
- Hat and sunglasses
- Trash Bag
- Comfortable clothing that can get wet and dry quickly.
- For your convenience, we have a small store that sells items to make your trip more enjoyable and other items you may have forgotten for your trip
Is alcohol allowed?
- Tippy River Adventures does not allow consumption of alcohol at our embarkment (put-in) or disembarkment (pull-out) locations or in our vehicles.
- State law allows paddlers to consume alcohol while on the river. You can possess alcohol but not consume it while on land.
- Tippy River Adventures recommends that you do not consume alcohol while on the river though., This river does require some awareness to navigate but if you or your group chooses to drink alcohol we ask that you drink in moderation, designate a non-drinking driver, and be respectful of other paddlers and the river.
- Please do not litter.
- State law does not allow consumption of alcohol at any of the boat ramps.
- If you drink, drink responsibility, but again we recommend that you not drink while on the river.
Are dogs allowed?
We recommend that you not bring your dog. The river can be overwhelming for your pet. Hot temperatures, moving water and chase able wildlife can create challenges for both you and your dog. If you decide you must bring your dog, there are a few things we would like for you to consider.
- Please keep your dog on a leash at all times when at the canoe base.
- Even dogs need a lifejacket. Yes, most dogs can swim but only for short periods of time and they may not be able to overcome a stronger current.
- Is your dog an indoor dog most of the time? The 90-degree day on the river in the middle of summer may not be the best day to bring your pet.
- Have they ever been in a canoe or kayak? If this is also your first time in a canoe or kayak, consider getting yourself comfortable in a kayak first then taking your dog another time when you feel more confident.
- Does your dog listen to basic commands? There may be other dogs at the canoe base, kids, and other people. Please ensure that you have control over your dog.
- Having a dog with you may delay your departure or pick up if other groups are not comfortable with riding in the vehicle with your dog.
What is the minimum age?
Minimum Age: Our minimum age for paddling solo (alone in a vessel) is 13 years old. Children below the age of 13 will need to ride with someone in a tandem kayak or canoe. Our minimum age for being accompanied on the river in a vessel of any kind is 3 years old, however some children older than three years old may not be ready to join you for a day on the river. Before deciding to bring a child canoeing or kayaking we ask that you consider the following:
- Is your child comfortable in the water?
- Do they know how to swim?
- Do they enjoy swimming, are they comfortable going underwater?
- Is it going to be too hot, too cold, too windy or just too sunny for a young child (are they heat tolerant)?
- Do you feel confident that you can manage yourself, your boat and your child if your boat flips over?
As of 2020, all minors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a person at least 18 years of age.
For your convenience, we have a small store that sells water, sodas, snacks and other items you may have forgotten for your trip!